Monday, June 25, 2007

As promised, I now mock someone for leaving an inane comment!

Yes, I am speaking to you, Daniel Hendricks Simon, for leaving the following comment on my post about Dennis and Elizabeth Kucinich:
Kucinich is a short nazi like Hitler... he doesn't support Israel.... and he looks damn silly with that girl.
Ah, where to begin...it is tempting to go with the ad hominem attacks about the utter cultural irrelevance of Mr. Simon's blog outside of the New York indie-film scene, but I only read the first few posts, so I can't say that for sure. Then there's the whole comparing uber-liberal Dennis Kucinich to the Nazis based on a single issue. I have long thought the whole notion that the failure to fully support anything Israel does makes one automatically anti-Semitic (or even Nazi-like) to be a tired cliche, but it looks like it still has some legs. That's a topic for another post, though. I think ultimately Mr. Simon may have missed the point of my original post: that a homely-looking short man can land a hottie wife, even without a great deal of power as aphrodisiac, and how that makes my incredibly shallow respect for the man skyrocket.

Getting back to the ad hominem to close this post out, the slams of "short" and "silly-looking" seem odd coming from this guy.

In closing, Mr. Simon, thank you for reading my blog. I hope you bring it next time.

No comments: