Monday, June 25, 2007

As if going to the dentist weren't bad enough

Instead of nitrous, patients at one dentist's office got carbon monoxide this morning. That can't be good for business:
Paramedics this morning have taken two dozen people from a Northeast Austin dental clinic to the hospital after they possibly suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning, authorities said.

John Wolfe, a paramedic for the Austin-Travis County Emergency Medical Services, said workers received a 911 call this morning saying that people in the Affordable Dentures office on U.S. 290 near Cameron Road were suffering from nausea, dizziness and headaches. Austin firefighters tested the air inside the business and found a high reading of a gas they think was carbon monoxide. They said they will need to conduct more tests to confirm the results.
I'm waiting for the part where the dentist asks "Is it safe?"

No comments: