Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Sex sells...coffee?

The Seattle Times: Local News: Some coffee stands get steamier

I just had to m ake a note of this. Apparently, since coffee shops outnumber humans 15 to 1 in Seattle, at least one shop is featuring scantily-clad baristas as a way of setting themselves apart. I'm sure this won't backfire in any way at all. I guess sex can seel anything now. How long will it be before Lindsay Lohan appears wrapped in nothing but the Washington Post, saying something like "Nothing comes between me and the David Broder column..."

Actually, that's not a bad idea.

Here's one of my favorite examples of the concept (WARNING: Decidedly PG-13):



This one is noteworthy for the fact that it was even made at all (WARNING: Decidedly NC-17):



Kinda predictable in retrospect.

Anyway, there's no particular point to this post, except that it gave me a quasi-intellectual excuse to link to some moderately dirty videos. And to make a broader societal point. About something.

No comments: