Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Great Austin Ice Storm of 2007

The weather outside is frightful...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And I don't have a fireplace...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So since there's no place to go...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I will write about it so I don't lose my freaking mind.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Seriously, how does this happen? This is Austin, Texas...we're about on the same latitude as the place in Tunisia where they filmed Star Wars! I have never missed summer so much before.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Unknown said...

huh. thanks for sharing! i'm enjoying this stuff from afar (as long as my loved ones aren't dying in the blizzard).

hey! you are wealthy & self-employed, right? you should book a trip to dominica. stop off in PR for a while on the way & bring me some non-rum alcohol while you're at it. oh and if you want to visit / see sites in PR too, that's fine; but it's really nice down here. it's beautiful, honestly!! check my own photos on flickr if you don't believe me (go to flickr.com and in the search field put 'dominica peacecorps' and you will find my - herzchen's - pics).

oh and the humidity down here might particularly suit/please you since you're texan. though it's currently relatively 'cool' and i don't always require my fan on. and there are nice sea breezes sometimes...