Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Safe sex never looked so f---ing scary

From the nihistically astute folks at Cruel.com, this may be the most disturbing public service announcement ever (note: not for the sqeamish):



I have to wonder whether this is a situation where the shock value of the ad's content vastly overshadows its message. Safe sex = extremely important, but violence against women = extremely fucking uncool. By the end of the ad, I had similar feelings to those I had at the end of Taxi Driver or Reservoir Dogs, as in general feelings of pessimism about the human condition. Not necessarily the most effective way to encourage condom use. It is, however, a good way to get a lot of blog posts on the topic.

I think I've been played.

Use condoms. This message brought to you by whatever punk-ass freak made the above ad.

No comments: