Thursday, February 1, 2007

RIP, Texas ladies

Texas has been diminished more than I think we can ever really know with the loss of two of its greatest, Ann Richards and Molly Ivins, in so short a time.

I lack the words.

We'll miss you.

Ann Richards

Ann Richard's keynote address, 1988 Democratic National Convention

Ann Richards quotes (among others):

“Poor George [Bush], he can't help it. He was born with a silver foot in his mouth.”

“I've always said that in politics, your enemies can't hurt you, but your friends will kill you.”


Molly Ivins on Ann Richards:

“Anyone who ever heard her speak at an AA convention knows how close laughter and tears can be.”
More Ann Richards quotes:

"I get a lot of cracks about my hair, mostly from men who don't have any."

"The here and now is all we have, and if we play it right it's all we'll need."
Molly Ivins' columinst page at the Fort Worth Star-Telegram

No comments: