Monday, March 12, 2007

Oh, snap!

Max Cleland on Dick Cheney:
"Where the hell were you in the Vietnam War? If you had gone to Vietnam like the rest of us, maybe you would have learned something about war. You can't keep troops on the ground forever. You gotta have a mission. You gotta have a purpose."
If this is the only way to get a message to the VP, so be it, I guess. The only way it would have been better is if he could have said it to Cheney's face. But I doubt that will ever happen. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I long for the day when those who still wholeheartedly support the war will actually explain themselves face-to-face with someone who disagrees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps they can discuss it with us over a nice driving-a-stake-through-their-unbeating-heart? Tee hee.